Unfortunately my e-mail provider has been experiencing major problems. If
anyone replied to my message about the free stuff by personal e-mail, it
may not have reached me. The problem now seems to be fixed, so if anyone
sent a message, perhaps they could send it again? Or if anyone else is
interested, please get in touch. I need the space, so I can't keep the
equipment for long.
On Sun, February 14, 2010 12:00, staffslug-request(a)staffslug.org.uk wrote:
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 01:19:25 -0000 (UTC)
From: "Christopher Tidy" <cdt22(a)cantabgold.net>
Subject: [Staffslug] Free computer, printers and other equipment
I have a computer, two printers and various other equipment to give away.
If I know their functional state, it's listed below (but no guarantees).
These items need to be collected from Edgmond Common, postcode TF10 8ES.
If possible, I'd like these items to go to someone who'll use them,
instead of the dump. Please e-mail me at cdt22(a)cantab.net if you want
* Complete "Omega" PC including the following:
- Celeron 466 MHz processor
- 192 MB RAM
- 13.6 GB Fujitsu IDE hard disk
- LG 8x4x32x CD-Rw
- 48x CD-Rom
- Floppy drive
- Omega PS/2 keyboard and mouse
- SVGA graphics on motherboard
- Midi tower case (fairly decent, but missing one front blanking plate)
- LG 15" CRT monitor with built-in speakers
- Dual boot SUSE 9.1/Windows 98 (some issues with Windows)
- SUSE CD and book
Overall this is a clean machine in good order (not yellowed or battered).
It works fine (I just burned 2 CDs of documents when I was clearing out
the hard disk last weekend).
* Xerox DocuPrint P12 laser printer. This is now an old laser printer,
but it's very solidly built by modern standards. Parallel port connection.
Decent graphics drivers aren't available for versions of Windows after
Windows 2000 (there is a poor graphics driver you can use), but I think
text drivers for TrueType fonts are still available. Cosmetically in good
condition. Working fine 18 months ago and should still contain some
toner. Original driver floppies and cardboard box available, if you want
* Epson Stylus Color 680 inkjet printer. Compact printer with a parallel
port connection. Worked last time it was used, but that was a long time
ago. Slightly yellowed, but otherwise in good condition. Comes with
unopened black and colour cartridges. Maybe a manual too.
* Two Compaq caddies for 36.4 GB 15k Ultra 3 SCSI disks (to fit some kind
of server). Also one unknown caddy, possibly for HP.
* Jessops SmartMedia card reader. SmartMedia only. Needs parallel and
ports. In good condition but untested.
* Pentium 120 motherboard and graphics cards. For the old school gamers.
Might have more really old parts too - ask!
* Torisan 6x CD-Rom drive.
* Epson 3.25" floppy drive.
* Broken Apple 15" CRT monitor from a Centris (not sure why anyone would