Dave - Excellent plan and going on Adam's idea, I've put together a quick
spreadsheet that we can just stick what people are going to bring (save
lots of emails flying about)?
The link is:
If you have any issue with the link, let me know.
- That was more along the lines of what I was thinking, as not that many
- of us are going to learn much new from an install fest.
- And indeed, we don't want 10 people turning up with Ubuntu!
- I'm going to bring FreeNAS :)
- On 10 April 2011 12:16, David Boucher <dave(a)davesdomain.org.uk> wrote:
-> As Dave has said, at the next tech meeting we will be looking at
-> different types of installs. I think that we should work out beforehand
-> how we are going to do this.
-> This topic was Adam's suggestion originally, but my thinking on this is
-> that we each choose a distribution, install it on something (full
-> install, a VM or a live install, whichever you prefer) and bring it with
-> us. Then we each spend a few minutes talking about it, what we like
-> about it, what we don't like about it, maybe answer any questions that
-> come up, and then move onto the next person. At the end there should be
-> time for everyone to try the various distributions out.
-> Also, I think that we should each say what we are going to bring
-> beforehand so that we don't end up with duplicates.
-> What do you think?
-> Staffslug mailing list
- Staffslug mailing list